Ta-dah! Presenting to you our lunch for today: TORTA!!!
And what makes it so healthy and special is that it's made from UNI-PAK Mackerel!
I betcha wonderin' "why fish?". My son has autism. He's 8 years old, and veeery picky when it comes to food. Fried Chicken, Hotdogs, Nuggets, Pancit Canton, Fried Pork Torta, these are the food on his menu. On the snack side we have biscuits, pandesal and tasty bread. Oh yeah, french fries and potato chips. And you cannot just make him eat anything outside his menu. That's just how he is.
But as a parent, we want him to eat healthier food. So aside from the daily dose of vitamins, MITD and I have to be more creative to make him eat food outside his norm.
Torta is one of his favorites. So I thought to myself, "what if it looks like torta?".
"Ding!" (ang bato! 😂)
Instead of ground pork, why not Mackerel? ☺️ and so MITD cooks... 😉
This is also perfect this Lenten season.
So, here's the easy- peasy directions:
1. Remove large bones from center of mackerel.
2. Take off skin and discard.
3. Flake meat into bowl.
4. In separate bowl, mix together onion,garlic and potato.
5. Add egg, breadcrumbs and mackerel.
6. Shape into 6 or 12 equal cakes.
7. Add oil to hot skillet and fry cakes on each side until golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
8. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Oily fish such as mackerel, salmon, and sardines are said to help against cardiovascular disease, prostate cancer, age-related vision loss, Alzheimer's disease and dementia. It's a good source of vitamin D, protein, some B vitamins and selenium. It's also a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, a type of fat that is good for our health.
For the giveaway. Yay! It's been a long time since my last giveaway. Thanks to Uni-Pak. Here are the mehanics:
1. Like Made It Through Mum and Uni- Pak Mackerel FB page
2. Share this post with the caption "Hindi basta nakasanayan the best na! Kaya basta mackerel, dapat tatak Uni - Pak!
Use the hashtags #tatakunipak #paknapak #unipak #MITMxUNIPAK and make sure that your post is set to PUBLIC to qualify.
3. Tag three (3) of your friends on the comment section of our Facebook post
There will be ONE (yes ONE lang. Sorry po ✌) winner and will be announced and notified on March 19, 2018 .
Good luck! 😘
ay bago thanks for sharing :)ReplyDelete
I love it!!! I'll share this, besh!ReplyDelete
Sana palarin 😊ReplyDelete
Naway palarin. IhihiReplyDelete
joining po :)ReplyDelete
fb : love fullido compoc