|Chicken Bistek in Butter Sauce|
lemon or calamansi juice
1. Boil chicken ( ganito kami magluto ng chicken, pinapakuluan muna namin kasi ayaw namin na bloody ang chicken). Remove from water.
2. In a bowl, combine chicken, onions, garlic, black pepper, lemon juice, and soy sauce. Massage the marinade into the meat and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Drain chicken and squeeze excess liquid. Reserve marinade and aromatics.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and reserved onions and garlic from the marinade.
4. Cook, stirring regularly until chicken is lightly browned.
5. Add reserved marinade and water and bring to a boil.
6. Lower heat, cover, and continue to cook for about 20 to 30 minutes or until sauce is reduced.
7. Add Dari Creme and stir to dissolve. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. This won’t add a serious amount of thickness, but it will give you an extra boost.
8. Season with salt to taste. Garnish with sliced oninon rings, if desired. Serve.
Saute the meat in onion and garlic and garnish with additional onion rings when ready to serve for presentation
Do not marinate for too long as the acids in the lemon or calamansi will denature the protein fibers and turn the meat mushy. Thirty minutes to an hour should be enough to boost flavor.
Drain the chicken well and squeeze off any excess liquid so it will brown properly. Reserve the marinade and the aromatics.
Make sure to swirl the butter into your sauce at the very end of the cooking process. The butter-infused sauce will break if it’s exposed to high heat, defeating the purpose of its thickening power.
Give this chicken bistek in butter sauce a try and make sure to have plenty of rice ready. Hearty and full-on flavor, it’s sure to be a family favorite.