Yesterday, August 8, marked the last Belle De Jour Rendezvous for this year with the theme : A Woman Who Matters ! Luckily, I was able to receive an invite from BDJ Team for this event. T'was my first time to attend BDJ's event , I must admit, I enjoyed and learned a lot. From now on I will do anything and everything to join if not all, most of their events because yesterday's event helped me to feel more blessed, informed and empowered. That's why I'm going to share my learnings with you.
We Bellas were fortunate to meet and listen to 3 empowered women: Nikki Duque, Thea de Rivera and Melissa Gohing.
|Nikki Duque : Put your Best Face Forward|
Professional free lance and celebrity makeup artist. She is also a beauty blogger
Struggling to achieve that corporate chic make-up look? Nikki taught us her tips and tricks to look polished and professional at work. First, she told us the do's and dont's in achieving the corporate chic look.
- do fake lashes in the office
- fixate on embellishing up to your eyebrows
- fake-bake or test-drive any complexion-changing beauty products on weekdays
- do the frosted or glittery lip thing (pls!)
Studies have shown that women who wear make-up to work are more likely to get promoted.
Here are the GROUND RULES in choosing make up products:
- it has to stand the test of time
- it has to be low maintenance and easy for you to be able to complete in a rush
- it should enhance and not hide who you are
- it shouldn't be distracting
- it should make us feel comfortable and amazing!
1. Foundation - Use a good primer. As we all know primer serves as a base for foundation and face makeup that allows it to go on smoother and last longer. She gave her best picks for primers and foundations : Benefit pore fessional, L'oreal 's True match, Maybelline and Clean and clear oil control films
2. Eyebrows and Eyelashes - avoid strong harsh-looking eyebrows. Her trusted products : K-palette and Maybelline's mascara.
3. Eyeshadows and eye liners - brings out eye color and enhance eye shape - she prefers Urban decay Naked palette. Because it has long, lean and seductive case packed with 12 neutrals that works for everyone.
Tips from Nikki:
1. Preparation is always important.
2. Have an emergency makeup kit in your office drawers.
3. Change your make up game once in a while
DRESS THE WAY you want to be ADDRESSED. - Nikki Duque
IG : @nikki_duque
Twitter : @nikki_duque
|Thea de Rivera : Finding Your Passion, Making your Mark|
Restauranteur, Owner and the creative mind behind The Girl and The Bull and 12/10
Thea of The Girl and The Bull , a restauranteur with a cool hair color (teal/ green!) I like!!!
- Always give 100% hardwork in what you do
- Don't lose yourself in the process of success
- Represent yourself
HOW WAS IT LIKE TO WORK WITH YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
- You have to lay down your priorities and goals
- Make sure both are of the same page
- Always understand each other
- Maintain healthy relationship
- Always have a mindset of a beginner. There is always something to improve on.
- Always say THANK YOU. (Acknowledge every little thing, Be humble, grounded and GRATEFUL)
WORK - LIFE BALANCE -My work is my life, my life is my work
- In Achieving 100%, give 100%
As long as you are living, there's life. PASSION is something you stumble upon on, and make the most out of it. - Thea de Rivera
IG : @theaderivera
|Melissa Gohing : Guide to your Fitness Transgormation|
DLSU Lady Spiker - Professional Athlete - Lifestyle blogger
Melissa shared her fitness journey and inspired us to start ours, now! Even on rainy season.
Why fitness is important in our lives? If we don't exercise, there's a possibility that we will have a cognitive problem in the future.
Why exercise is important?
- weight loss
- healthier brain
- osteoporosis prevention
- makes you less stressed
- decreased health risk
- better skin health
- and last but not the least it makes us happy! :)
When we exercise, our body releases these feel good neurotransmitters called endorphins. The increase in endorphins in our body leads to a feeling of euphoria, modulation of appetite, the release of different sex hormones, and an enhancement of immune response which combats the negative effect of stress.
NO EXCUSES EVEN ON RAINY SEASON
1. just choose what you think you will love. Select physical activities that you enjoy. If you enjoy lifting weights then don't begin training for a marathon or try a thriathlon. Stick with what you like doing to keep motivation levels high.
2. choose your inspiration. This is what others called #fitspiration.. Mine is Ina Raymundo and Jennilyn Mercado. Like them, I'm also a mom who would want to have a healthy and maintain a voluptuous body. Hehe.
We could still exercise even on rainy season with the following:
- crossfit (strength and resistance training)
- pilates (carve the core) for the back and core
- yoga (corrects posture)
- spin class (ride and burn calories)
- kickboxing (burn calories and fats)
Stop saying "You can't. You can!". Overcome the things you once thought you can't do. There's no where to go but UP! - Melissa Gohing
Whatever exercise you try, you will soon discover its major benefit. It allows you to forget your problems. Exercise helps you to shed the day's irritations and the focus you place on your feel good exercise results in higher energy levels and optimism can help you feel clearer and calmer. It maintains a more positive look afterwards. Melissa left us with a quote from J. K. Rowling " And so, rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life"
This for me is a definition of a strong woman:
- a strong woman, is not the one who doesn't cry. A strong person is the one who cries and sheds tears for a moment, then gets up and fights again.
- strong women wear their pain like they do stilletos. No matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it.
- a strong woman loves, forgives, walks away, lets go, tries again and perseveres. no matter what life throws at her
-"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Kadmacher
In between talks, there are games, raffles, yummy snacks and treats from sponsors.
|As early as 12pm, Bellas are lined up and thrilled while waiting for the registration to open|
- Goodies up for grabs
- The venue
|Happy Bellas enjoying yummy treats and snacks from Mister Donut|
|The event was hosted by Ms. Apple David|
TV and Events Host - PBA Courtside Reporter -Endorser
Twitter : @apppledavid
|Thank you for these goodies, BDJ Team! ♥|
Thank you BDJ Team for choosing me as one of the winners of #BDJAWomanWhoMatters: A Bella Story. This makes me feel blessed. I want to inspire more people thru my articles and be a blessing to others as well.
This is my winning entry.Click here
I MATTER. YOU MATTER. EVERY WOMEN MATTER.
You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody. -Maya Angelou
Thank you for visiting my blog! I would love to hear your thoughts . Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!
Post a Comment