Who am I?
Who is Made It Through Mum?
Why Made It Through Mum? are some of the questions I know some of you are asking.
Where do I begin? Why is it easy for me to write about anything but so hard when it's about me? Perhaps because I'm afraid that I might be judged, pitied (oh no don't!pls?!) and some might feel sorry for me. But hey! I wanted and needed to do this to share my story, what I've been through and the purpose of my life to inspire and encourage other people. I hope so..
Let me give you some of my pertinent deets :
- I am a mother of 3
-I am a partner
-I am a daughter ( a very clingy daughter)
- I am a sister
- I am a friend
- I am a villain in somebody else's life (insert laughing witch here)
- I love to eat (like 5-7cups of rice per meal especially if it's paired with tinapa or seafood! Beat that! )
- I love veggies and fuits the more
- I don't have any vices at all! (so, does that make me a good girl?! Nah..hehe)
How did I come up with MITM?
All of us have different struggles in life and it all depends on how we face or overcome them. I'll tell you first the meaning of my logo.
- dark shaded woman , because I am a woman with a dark past (won't elaborate on this)
- I've been a victim of domestic violence (not anymore!)
- I used to work for my family for 10 years, but because of Yaya problems, I became a full-time mom. Which is a blessing also coz I was able to be with my kids everyday from morning til night w/o worries that they might be beaten or maltreated again by their yayas.
Colorful Heart Puzzle piece
- I have 3 kids whom I love so dearly that I would do anything and everything for them no matter what. They will always be etched in my heart. The puzzle piece, symbolizes persons with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) I got 1 out of 68! Yes. My 2nd child has it. He's different but he is not less. At first, we were in denial ( me and Mr. MITD) - there's a sad and funny story behind this after we learned that our son has mild autism. Just pm me if you wanna know. But as parents, we have to accept. Acceptance is the key to move forward. For me, I'm still fortunate to be a special mom to a special kid. I was tasked by God to help and nurture this precious gift. I am not and will never ever be ashamed of him. Now, can you imagine how colorful my everyday life is? Those everyday tantrums/ meltdowns and with my present condition... Again, I thank the Lord for giving me strength and I'm praying to have more patience and healthy body to perform my duties well to my family.
These are the reasons why I named myself Made It Through Mum. 'Coz despite of these all, I still carry on.
I strongly believe everything happens for a reason. Had Meningioma not happened to me, I would not have been able to inspire my friends and family to appreciate the beauty of life. At first I thought that life is unfair, me having meningioma, having a son with ASD, from a corporate woman to a Stay-At-Home mom abruptly. I also realized that had I not been through all that I have been through in the past years, I would have never come face to face with death and had to reflect and rethink about my priorities, the purpose of my life and of life in general.
What am I doing here, blogging?!
I really don't know! Lol. Blogging is really far from my course, I finished AB Psychology at Philippine Normal University. My previous jobs were not also interconnected to blogging. From airlines to telco to writing?! I have to admit, I'm really "makuwento" in real life and I love to write. I don't know if this is really my calling, but I'll give it a try. There's no harm in trying. Actually, this is an unexpected blog. As an idle mom(which I am not used to) , honestly, my current situation is threatening my sanity. I wanted to divert my attention and make the most out of my second life so I started joining various online contests. I thought of sharing my winning experiences to others who are also 'inip' and is having a feeling of self-worthlessness because of the hardships and trials life is showering upon them. To encourage them to get through all that and be more appreciative of life instead of just sitting in one corner, idle. Stop whining over the little problems. See the beauty of life and know that the world is a wonderful place to live in.
Don't be discouraged of what you are going through..Fight! Death is inevitable. Break the rules! Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and NEVER REGRET anything that made you smile! ;)
Here are some of the inspirational quotes that help me, hope it will help you as well. If you will read each of my posts, you will notice that there's always a quote at the end...
1 John 2:15
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
John 9:2-3 (for the less fortunate, PWDs)
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
God will not look over for your medals, degrees or diplomas, but for scars - Elbert Hubbard
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor and some style. - Maya Angelou
I will always be thankful to God for giving me a second life. For giving me such wonderful parents and especially my SUPERMOM, for raising me to be a fighter (a sweet fighter), to inculcate in me to have a strong faith in God.
|The SUPERMOM and the clingy daughter ♥♥♥|
I will now stop blabbling about my life. More or less you know me. Just continue life and embrace everything about it. I hope my story somehow inspired you not to lose hope and keep going..
You Only Live Once make the most out of it!
Don't dwell on the past's regrets and mistakes.. Move forward and just simply learn from them.
WE WILL ALL GET BY, JUST TRUST IN THE LORD!
God bless us all! ♥♥♥
Thank you for visiting my blog! I would love to hear your thoughts . Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!